General Terms and Conditions for holidays in India, Nepal and Bhutan
Advance Booking Fee
30 days or more before departure:
25% of total cost
29-15 days before departure:
50% of total cost
Less than 7 days before departure:
100% of total cost
Introducing the hold and pay plan!
· You can now book this package online by paying just Rs.500 per person.
· Soon after your booking, you will shortly receive a call from our call centre executive to brief you on the balance payment plan.
· We will hold your booking for 48 hours without any additional payment. Any price fluctuations within 48 hours will not be charged/refunded.
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 10 days before date of departure.
If You Cancel Your Holiday :
· You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
29-30 days before departure
Less than 7 days before departure
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday :
· We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
· If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather)
· We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
· If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
· In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
· After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
· If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.
· In case any promised travel arrangements are not provided by Burhanpur Holidays employees or agents as promised, we will compensate you up to the limit of the cost of such arrangements.
· Burhanpur Holidays does not accept any responsibility for third party services or service providers like hotels, transport etc. For example, transporters are responsible for travel delays while hotels are responsible for inefficient service or lack of hospitality.
· Burhanpur Holidays is only a tour operator. At no time shall Burhanpur Holidays be held responsible for your acts of misdemeanour/omission and your personal affairs. For example, Burhanpur Holidays shall not be held responsible for ensuring the safety of your personal belongings, travel documents, etc. at any time before, during or after the holiday.
· You are requested to purchase your own travel or holiday insurance. Burhanpur Holidays shall not be held responsible for this service.
Exactness Not Guaranteed
· Burhanpur Holidays cannot and does not guarantee the exactness of any service in the package. For example, photographs of the interiors of hotel rooms posted on our website have been provided by the respective hotels. Hence, Burhanpur Holidays does not guarantee the visual appeal of your room. Burhanpur Holidays wants you to have an enjoyable experience but we cannot and do not guarantee or represent that such a package will be as per your perception or imagination.
· Burhanpur Holidays will inform you of any change in prices and only after your confirmation, will we proceed with the booking. There will be no reduction in cost for any unutilized service.
· Surcharges may be applicable over and above the package cost for the requested period. Burhanpur Holidays will inform you of such costs at the time of booking or before confirmation.
· You need to make an advance payment at the time of confirming the tour and make the balance payment 35 days prior to the departure of the tour.
Forfeiture of deposit
· Burhanpur Holidays reserves the right to forfeit the non-refundable, interest-free deposit paid by you in the following situations: a) If you cancel the booking b) If you fail to adhere to the payment schedule c) If you are unable to get the visa of any country d) If you are unable to travel because of sickness, on medical grounds or any other reason. The scale of cancellation charges mentioned under ‘Cancellation Policy’ shall be applicable and binding.
· These are the sole and complete terms and conditions governing the tour operations, supplemented only by the User Agreement. No employee of our company or any agent has the authority to amend, modify or change these conditions, and you are advised to rely on the term "as is". Burhanpur Holidays reserves the right to change or modify these ‘Terms and Conditions’ at any time without notice.
The first written evidence of the Kumbha Mela can be found in the accounts of Chinese monk Xuanzang (alternately Hsuan Tsang) who visited India in 629-645 CE, during the reign of King Harshavardhana. However, similar observances date back many centuries, where the river festivals first started getting organized. According to medieval Hindu theology, its origin is found in one of the most popular medieval puranas, the Bhagavata Purana. The Samudra manthan episode (Churning of the ocean of milk), is mentioned in the Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana, the Mahabharata, and the Ramayana.
The account goes that the Devas had lost their strength by the curse of Durvasa Muni, and to regain it, they approached Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva. They directed all the demigods to Lord Vishnu (full story on kumbh mela) and after praying to Lord Vishnu, he instructed them to churn the milk ocean, Ksheera Sagara (primordial ocean of milk) to receive amrita (the nectar of immortality). This required them to make a temporary agreement with their arch enemies, the Asuras, to work together with a promise of sharing the wealth equally thereafter. For the task of churning the milk ocean, the Mandara Mountain was used as the churning rod, and Vasuki, the king of serpents, became the rope for churning. They churned the ocean for 1000 years, where demons were holding Vasuki's head and Gods were holding its tail. Finally after this entire churning process, Dhanwantari appeared with Kumbh in his palms.
However , when the Kumbha containing the amrita appeared, a fight ensued. To prevent the amrita (elixir of immortality) from demons, its safety was entrusted to Gods Brahaspati, Surya, Shani and Chandra. After learning the conspiracy of the Devtas, demons turned vicious and attacked them. Devtas knew that demons possessed more power and can easily defeat them. The Devtas ran away with the Kumbh to hide it away and they were chased by Asuras. For twelve days and twelve nights (equivalent to twelve human years) the Devas and Asuras fought in the sky for the pot of amrita. It is believed that during the battle, the drops of amrita fell down from Kumbh at four places: Allahabad (Prayag), Haridwar, Ujjain and Nashik. Because 12 days of Gods are equivalent to 12 years for humans; the Kumbh Mela is celebrated once every 12 years in each of the four places - banks of river Godavari in Nasik, river shipra in Ujjain, river Ganges in Haridwar, and at the Sangam of Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati in Allahabad, where the drops are believed to have fallen. It is believed that the river turns itself into sanctity spots filled with primordial amrita at the
Kumbh Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith in which Hindus gather to bathe in a sacred river. It is the world's largest religious gathering. It is held every third year at one of the four places by rotation: Haridwar, Allahabad (Prayag), Nasik and Ujjain. Thus the Kumbh Mela is held at each of these four places every twelfth year. Ardh ("Half") Kumbh Mela is held at only two places, Haridwar and Allahabad, every sixth year. The rivers at these four places are: the Ganges at Haridwar, the confluence (Sangam) of the Ganges and the Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati at Allahabad, the Godawari at Nasik, and the Shipra at Ujjain.
Kumbh means a pitcher and Mela means fair in Hindi. The pilgrimage is held for about one and a half months at each of these four places where it is believed in Hinduism that drops of nectar fell from the Kumbh carried by gods after the sea was churned. The festival is billed as the "world's largest congregation of religious pilgrims". There is no scientific method of ascertaining the number of pilgrims, and the estimates of the number of pilgrims bathing on the most auspicious day may vary; approximately 100 million people attended the last maha kumbh mela 2013 at allahabad.
Mauni Amavasya traditionally attracted the largest crowds at the kumbh mela, held from 14 january 2013 to 10 March 2013 in Allahabad.10 February 2013 was the biggest bathing day with 13 Akharas taken bath to sangam, and probably the largest human gathering on a single day. Over 45 million devotees and aesthetics took holy dip on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya.
KUMBH MELA UJJAIN
Kumbh The celebration of Kumbh Mela takes place at the four sacred places as per the position of Sun and Jupiter in different zodiac signs. Poorna Kumbh is held at Ujjain once in every 12 years when the zodiac sign Scorpio (Vrishchik Rashi) indicates the presence of Jupiter and Sun. Ujjain is located at the bank of Shipra River in western region of Madhya Pradesh and is seen as one of the most sacred places in India. The city is enriched with several religious shrines such as Bade Ganeshji Ka Mandir, Mahakaleshwar, Vikram Kirti Temple and many others. On the occasion of Kumbh Mela the divinity and spiritual aroma of Ujjain meets its highest peak when millions of pilgrims take dips and worship sacred River Shipra. Sages and devotees from every nook and corner attend the religious ceremony of Kumbh Mela to attain salvation and libration from the vicious cycle of birth-death-rebirth.
ccording The commemoration of Mela at Ujjain is known as 'Simhastha Kumbh Mela' in which the unique combination of divinity and purity is experienced when the crowd of ash-dubbed sages, priests, devotees gets fused together with the roaring of elephants and camels. People who witness the spiritual fest feel good fortune by their side and sense positive aroma purifying their souls and thoughts. Major attraction of this festival is 'Shahi Snan' (royal bath) which takes place on predetermined dates varying every year. It is believed that those who take royal bath in holy Shipra River on the occasion of Kumbh Mela wash their sins of all previous births. The devotees consider it as an opportunity to get them revived from the never ending birth cycle.
UJJAIN KUMBH MELA DATES
Singhastha , or Poorna Kumbh Mela was celebrated at Ujjain in the year 2004 spanning from 5th of April to 5th of May. The ritual of Shahi Snan was conducted on 4th of May, a day of full moon (Poornima) as per lunar calendar. Nearly ten million devotees across the country graced the festival with their presence on this auspicious day. Ujjain hosted the Ardha Kumbh in the year 2010 where numerous Hindus witnessed the occasion. In the year 2016, next Simhastha Kumbh Mela will be commemorated in Ujjain. Do not miss the opportunity and embrace your soul and material body with the sacred nectar bestowed by God.
Main Bathing Dates for Ujjain Kumbh Mela
22 April 2016 (Friday)
Purnima – Full Moon (First Snan)
06 May 2016 (Friday)
Vaishakh Krishna Amavasya
09 May 2016 (Monday)
Shukla/Akshey Tritya (Second Snan)
11 May 2016 (Wednesday)
17 May 2016 (Saturday)
Ekadashi & Pradosh Snan
21 May 2016 (Saturday)
TARIFF OF ACCOMMODATION KUMBH MELA UJJAIN 2016
Type of Accommodation
Occupancy Per Room
INR. 13000/- for 2 person/Night
INR. 9000/- for 2 person/Night
INR. 6000/- for 2 person/Night
INR. 13000/- for 4 person/Night
INR. 2500/- For 1 Bed/Night
INR. 2400/- For 1 Bed/Night
Premium Rs 2500/Night/Bed
Deluxe Rs 2000/Night/Bed
Economy Rs 1500/Night/Bed.
Child Policy :-
1. Upto 7 years-If sharing with parents-complimentary.
2. 07-12 years 50% of per person/per adult rate.
3. 12 Years & above full adult per person rate.
1.Rates will be 20% hike on shahi snan days and it will apply two days before & one day after the all Shahi Snan days.
2. Pick up & Dropping charges will extra as per the number of person & vehicle required.
3. A Group of 10 or more will get 10% rebate on all accommodation charges.
4. All meals (Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner) are complementary.
5. Taxes will be charged extra as applicable.
6. Check In/Check Out Time :24 Hours.
Amount to be paid as per the following:
1. If Booked between 01-10-2015 to 31-12-2015
50% amount of the total package to be paid while booking.
30% amount of the total package to be paid on or before 28-02-2016.
20% amount to be paid on arrival.
2. If Booked between 01-01-2016 to 28-02-2016
75% amount of the total package to be paid while booking.
25% amount to be paid on arrival.
3. If booked between 01-03-2016 to 31-03-2016
100% amount of the total package to be paid while booking.
Booking will be closed on 01-04-2016
CANCELLATION/REFUND OF BOOKING :
1. If booking is cancelled between 01-01-2015 to 31-12-2015
75% 0f the paid amount will be refunded.
2. If booking is cancelled between 01-01-2016 to 28-02-2016
50% 0f the paid amount will be refunded.
3. If booking is cancelled between 01-03-2016 to 30-03-2016
25% 0f the paid amount will be refunded.
4. If booking is cancelled after 01-04-2016
No amount will be refunded.
Please note that:-
1. If installments are not paid on or before the due dates, 10% extra will be charged as late fee, If paid within 30 days from the due date.
2. If booking is not cancelled within stipulated period & amount not paid within 30 days after due dates the booking will stand cancelled automatically, & NO AMOUNT WILL BE REFUNDED.